Monday, June 13, 2011

Music Monday: Lal Meri's 'Dreams of 18'


I discovered Lal Meri in a way that can only be described as 'through the wonders of globalization and the interwebs'. I did my master's degree in the UK and while slogging through my coursework and master's thesis, there were times where I desperately needed inspiration and a taste of home to make it through. Enter KCRW, an amazing public radio station out of Santa Monica, California, which has a show called Morning Becomes Eclectic. I would go weeks on end listening Morning Becomes Eclectic without fail every day, and it has introduced me to some truly amazing music, including Lal Meri. This group has achieved the perfect blend of downtempo beats and east Indian sounds, and their music is truly unique and addicting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment