Monday, April 18, 2011

Springtime in Colorado

I moved to Canada in October 2009 and promptly decided to plant my feet firmly there. Life became so full and so busy so quickly that I didn't even have a chance to come back to my home country, the U.S., until...now. So it's been a year and a half since I've been at home in the amazing state of Colorado. It's been so wonderful to be here--I've practically consumed my weight in Mexican food and spent a large amount of quality time with Target.

For those of you who have never been, Colorado is a lovely place (and a lovely place to grow up). So I thought I'd share some photos...

Spring in Colorado means...gorgeous trees in bloom! When I left Canada a week ago, parts of the lakes and rivers will still frozen over. To see trees in full bloom like this makes me giddy.


Long roads that you can see for miles and mountains that are gorgeous even when it's hazy!


Hanging out at the Denver Art Museum on a gorgeous day.


Baking GIANT cookies with my mom. We made equally GIANT ice cream sandwiches for my nephews with them!


And...THIS view outside my bedroom window every. single. evening. Swoon.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to be out there right now! I can't even imagine trees in bloom. It snowed here in Michigan today. Terrible! I've always loved Colorado. I'm glad you're having such a lovely time :)

    P.S. I can't remember if I told you (I've been pretty crazy) but I got my amazing package last week!! I love everything and am about to have a cup of the tropical tea right now. My kitchen smells so good!

    ReplyDelete